home Frequently Asked Question
  1. What is the DOC number next to the inmate picture?
    This is the Department of Correction Number. You must use it when corresponding with inmates, otherwise your letters will not be delivered.

  2. If I am under 18 years of age, can I still use this service?
    No you must be be 18 years of age, or older to use this service.

  3. Can an inmate receive phone calls or make phone calls?
    Yes, in many institutions inmates are allowed to make long distance phone calls. The calls are made collect and are more expensive then regular collect calls. They are usually limited in length to 10 or 15 minutes. You should use extreme caution when giving out your phone number, it can very quickly become very expensive.

  4. Do you have a disclaimer posted?
    Yes, posted on the home page, center. Remember, we are dealing with convicted felons!

  5. How often are ads updated?
    As soon as possible,in most cases, usually between 1 to 3 business day after receiving the ad from the inmate.

  6. Can I pay for an inmates ad?
    Yes, you can submit and pay for an ad for an inmate. You can also request that an application be sent to an inmate. Be aware that the ad is the property of that inmate, and only he/she can make changes to it.

  7. Can you write an inmate if you live outside the United States? Yes.

  1. Do I have to be worried about scams when writing inmates?
    Cautions must always be taken when dealing with inmates, remember they are convicted felons.

  2. How many inmates can I write?
    There is no limit, you can write to as many inmates as you like. The only requirement is that you are 18 years of age or older.

  3. Can an inmate receive gifts, stamps, etc?
    The policy on gifts varies from prison to prison. Ask the inmate that you are corresponding with as to the policies that apply at that specific facility.

  4. Can I request an inmate be removed from your site or make changes to his/her ad?
    No! All changes or corrections made to an add must come directly from the inmate who placed the ad. The request has to be in writing and mailed to our office. This is to protect the privacy of their ad and make sure no one changes the ad without the inmates permission. Review question #6.

  5. Is is possible to be informed of the crime in which the person I would like to contact has been convicted of?
    No, not on this particular site, but a good place to start looking would be the Department of Corrections, in the state in which the inmate is located.

Copyright © 2012 City Networks...